Stronghold-Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stronghold-Legends fan board.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
STRONGHOLD MULTIPLAYER IS COMING BACK ON STEAM THIS SEPTEMBER! http://www.fireflyworlds.com/2016/08/17/new-steam-editions/

Bugs/problems/glitches

Go down 
+7
UAES Hellboy
The Red Baron
KA£A
»..ßount¥..«
elec
uaes_again :)
Mr.X_1990
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

Honourable posting points : 1430

Bugs/problems/glitches Empty
PostSubject: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey all,

After playing sh3 there occured several (well alot) of glitches.

When joining multiplayer at this time of speaking it's almost impossible to do a game unless you arange the games.
When joining multiplayer lobby, and a person hosts a game it sometimes glitches when pressed on go. When this happends, the game says starting game but won't start the game. Result you leave the host and join a other host, however that host will not be able to start either because you where in a host that crashed before. This goes on and on and on until it's really problematic to join a game.

Only remedy sofar that has been observed is to restart the game making the glitch of your multiplayer go away. If thus other people join your host, who have joined a glitched game and you can't start the game it means your multiplayer doesn't work either (it's untested if this comes only from people who hosted before, or from people who joined a corrupted host.)

Economy is sofar highly unbalanced. producing different types of food is not advisable seeing the other types of food won't add alot, and cost alot of wood. Apple eco is thusfar the way to go.

During peacetime your lord is able to move. So if you play during peacetime and put your lord in the opponents eco he/she will not be able to build anymore.

Sofar of all the games alot of crashes. I'm unsure atm if this is my pc specifick or just unstability of sh3.

Feel free to post glitches and other bugs you observed as well
Back to top Go down
Blademaster
Blademaster

Honourable posting points : 71

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:10 pm

well i red about this glitches in alot of other forums but i am pretty sure they will fix it up (im sure it will take some weeks/months) but hey its a game every1 of us likes and (nearly) every1 of us likes the others so it would be a shame not to play sh3 Smile

- pretty sure i will buy it ! Pikachu xD
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Well a new patch is comming out tomorrow. Here's the patch notes:

As part of our ongoing improvements for Stronghold 3, we plan to make the next patch live tomorrow. Along with resolving various stability and gameplay affecting bugs, the patch will add/address the following: Game speed controls, cursor offset and responsiveness issues, ability to place buildings on top of workers/animals (game will move them out of the way) and wolves will no longer climb onto towers. A full list of fixes will be published when the patch goes live.

Game speed is nice tho i'm not sure how this will work with multiplayer... Cursor thingies where really annoying lol. Needed to look 2 hours in order to find the attack button. Workers and no buildings was also annoying, however what i fear now with this update that you can push your workers to your stockpile =))) Alright i'm abit doubtfull of firefly now lol.

Well let's hope that maybe multiplayer will be abit more stable now...
Back to top Go down
elec
Archer
Archer

Honourable posting points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:22 am

i bought it Wink and it's bad Very Happy
what a waste of money
mickey Smile maybe we can have a game ?
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:07 pm

elec wrote:
i bought it Wink and it's bad Very Happy
what a waste of money
mickey Smile maybe we can have a game ?

Hey i warned you of that before lol. You bought a beta test Wink

The patch didn't fix multiplayer, but the bugfixes where as far as i can see indeed fixed.

Don't mind a match vs you Wink Just bear in mind that in all likelyhood we will prob not finish it fully =)))

That and i'm atm in exam week, so not sure about if or when i have some free time for a match :S But you will see me on at steam when i'm around Wink

Edit:

Fun fact, this is of a post that has been deleted on official firefly forums.

"Since you asked, the reason we released the game in its current state is because we would be fined by our retailers and distributors for being late on our release date for millions of dollars. 99% of the time that's the ONLY reason a game is released when it's not ready.

We are implementing two major patches. The first one was released October 26th and it will fix all bugs/initialization problems, as well as address multiplayer games.

The second comes out in November and will add much requested content, as well as include more bugfixes. I apologize about the release, but we are working to fix all of the problems as diligently as possible.

Thank you for your patience."

So.... why schedule such a early releasedate then and risk those fines or a mad customer base?
Back to top Go down
»..ßount¥..«
Archangel
Archangel
»..ßount¥..«

Honourable posting points : 1045

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:05 pm

Bugs/problems/glitches 23saiv5 that's funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elec
Archer
Archer

Honourable posting points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:38 pm

yeah you warned me Very Happy
the campaigns aren't bad, but maybe a bit hard ? (or I'm just a noob, could also be Razz)
hehe Wink good luck for your exams
hated the moment when it was installed and there was a error message "failed to initialize engine, because of this I can't play fullscreen Arrow
I will have a look at my steam Wink

Diamond
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 am

elec wrote:
yeah you warned me Very Happy
the campaigns aren't bad, but maybe a bit hard ? (or I'm just a noob, could also be Razz)
hehe Wink good luck for your exams
hated the moment when it was installed and there was a error message "failed to initialize engine, because of this I can't play fullscreen Arrow
I will have a look at my steam Wink

Diamond

Prob noob, you can't use the excuse lag, Laggerd Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Well guys, new patch out and it's with great delight that i'm finally able to tell you;

That multiplayer... ehm.... semiworks =))

At least were able to start a game now Smile)) Shame that i sofar still wasn't able to finish one game lolz.
Back to top Go down
KA£A
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
KA£A

Honourable posting points : 1255

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:57 pm

lol next patch you will do a middle game and with a bit of luck the next next patch you'll be able to finish the game xD
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:40 am

KA£A wrote:
lol next patch you will do a middle game and with a bit of luck the next next patch you'll be able to finish the game xD

I finished a game!!!!!

I finished a full game !!!!

Took 30 min but i finished it!!!!! God bless..... me i guess =)))

! vs 1 match with a guy named bblood.
20 min high setts. guy started trebbing me in the first sec after pt =.= Did some revenge back tho Smile))

First fight and must say combat is... well yeah this wasn't that big a match lol. Think we had in total 20 troops and i won =))

But wow.. a full game...

owyeah did 5 4 player matches who all crashed, but 1 vs 1 match was pretty stable...

Game still has bugs but i give it a semi decent now... It has an interesting eco/combat integration system.

50 bucks worth it? Not quite..

But at least multiplayer works for 1 vs 1 games i think. But might also be related to people's internet connection. When one person drops out the others are likely to crash also..
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:00 am

Well the new patch is out. Played several games now until the end with roughly 70% of the games working. Were not there yet, but it's a start Smile)
Back to top Go down
The Red Baron
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
The Red Baron

Honourable posting points : 603

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Any more updates? I should be getting out around christmas...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:45 pm

the game is so fuckin boring...

btw hey all..how are you guys?
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:23 pm

The Red Baron wrote:
Any more updates? I should be getting out around christmas...

Yeah an update is out now which adds abit more depth to single player mode, but as far as i observed kinda screwed up online abit more. (that or i am abit more unlucky lately)
Last week 4/5 games started. 4 times 4 player game.
Yesterday after 9 tries finally able to start 1 1 vs 1 game. =.=
And today tried a game as well, surprisingly it started. 30 min pt. after 10 1 person got timed out. after another 10 second person gotten timed out.
And then finally the third person in german who had a really crappy eco. "hab kein bock mehr sorry" Meaning i don't feel like playing anymore bye =.=

Basicly... Sh3 is becomming a slight headache lol.. That or i'm just missing the shl community abit Sad
Back to top Go down
UAES Hellboy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
UAES Hellboy

Honourable posting points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Hello out there - it has been some while - dont even remember when i have been on this page last time - but could not resist to buy SH3 ( in combination with an acceptable pc^^) and now doing first steps online again.....

I hope the condition FF was handing out this game will not be the reason to put it where it came from (ebay XD) -but this is my first impression :

Multiplayer seems not to be worth visiting as games are buggy and not finishable ; i also miss the lobby - damm i would even accept a spamming Lyckety if they are going to install one...

How the hell can there be fixed settings for a game ?! - i didnt find a function on screen at all and was forced to do a hardcore low-setts with no goods on a map i got in a host....

Eco is some kind of roughly balanced as food is running out all the time even with masses of applefarms; well this is maybe some problem routine will fix and some system will be developed for an acceptable eco- setup ... but the missing autotrade will cause some problems !

If there is somebody who expierienced some good working eco - pls share it with me in order to hold up my motivation !

Thx - Hell ... the Stronghold dinosaur Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:02 am

Hey dino Razz Long time no see hell Wink How y'ar doing?
Well they are putting fixes in every week so it's a start.. Believe this week they will add Capture the flag in multiplayer. Previous weeks they have added KOTH. So they seem to have enough pieces of sh3 laying on a bench... Now they are slowly adding it in. Reason they published such an unfinished game was because of fines they would receive from retailers if the game was delayed. Hence it's in such a bad shape.

Well lyckety is present in sh3.. or was at least. Saw him i think in the 3th host i joined. You can't imagine what smile that brought me on my face xDXD

Well multiplayer sometime works but yeah... As for the lobby... don't count on it... Best method you could do to artificially create a lobby is to make a steam multichat. For that matter steam is pretty conveniant to chat during games.

Yeah one bug in multiplayer is that you can't see the setts made by the host. I don't even care about that anymore as long as the game works lol.

A friend i met during the game provided me with some extra insight in economie.

Best method that i know is to severely abuse the punishing peasants things. get these up asap because they increase productivity alot. Making it possible to increase food production beer and candle's to x5.

I don't have a fixed so many so many step by step thingy but this is the general overview.

Basicly first start with the general set up, first place woodcamp, then either second woodcamp and 2 apples or an apple farm depending if you do really low or low setts. Then the main issue is to get cash by normal taxes and when you got 30 gold and enough wood you make a punishment item. Keep an eye on your popularity as well. If you do this you can pretty fast increase your ratio's of your food. Because of increased productivity you will also receive wood alot faster which can be used to either make apple farms, or wood farms, punishment items, or houses for extra popularity.I generally keep the taxes on low seeing monney isn't too important in the first part besides the punishment issues. High pop means faster people means faster eco up.
Once you have the punishments attributes account for -20 popularity bonus (highest lvl) as well as decent food ammount with apples you can either try to get the 4 different food types. for addes popularity, or start with hops and beer. I generally make 8 beer and 6 hops, but you can make it more efficient. Anyhow this is enough to do 5x beer ratio's. Then taxes come in handy as well as candlers shops. from these i also do 8, which are good enough for 5x ratio's with -20 punishment moral.

All put together this should allow for diabolic taxes, highest rank taxes and give big cash incomes for first while. After pt is up, delete all the punishment items, lower all ratio's to 1 or if nescesary halve and adjust taxes accordingly. Then you can also place "good" buildings. These add popularity as well as health for your troops, at the cost of productivity. Again set ratio's accordingly so that you won't run into that problem.
Last is the balance you need to find between cashincome and popularity/peasants comming out balance.
High taxes means more cash means being able to buy better troops, at the cost of lower ammount of peasants speed thus having less units. Likewise low taxes or bribes even provide more troops but less cash to buy them.

An advice that helps is to shut down the wood cuildings once they are not of any use anymore and make sure you got alot of houses for added popularity.

Well bit big wall of text but it's a basic overview of how far i gotten.
This eco takes around 20 min... but if perfected is possible in 15...

Back to top Go down
The Red Baron
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
The Red Baron

Honourable posting points : 603

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 6:44 am

Hmph. Around christmas I'll be getting it anyway, so I guess I'll just wait till then. At least I don't have high expectations anymore
Back to top Go down
UAES Hellboy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
UAES Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks X - this is more than i ever expected to get ! I got some kind of 2vs2 map where i can test these things and hopefully get some progress.

Another crazy and busy year in business is nearly gone now and i´m allowed to care for some fun now ! As you predicted i was not sticking too long with Kingdoms - it was eating up my rare time and i quitted it during summer........

Seems as if first time im my stronghold -carrer i have to be the bad punisher Twisted Evil Will be a new aspect as normally i use to entertain and feed my ppl up to death ^^.

Greetz Hell

Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:34 am

UAES Hellboy wrote:
Thanks X - this is more than i ever expected to get ! I got some kind of 2vs2 map where i can test these things and hopefully get some progress.

Another crazy and busy year in business is nearly gone now and i´m allowed to care for some fun now ! As you predicted i was not sticking too long with Kingdoms - it was eating up my rare time and i quitted it during summer........

Seems as if first time im my stronghold -carrer i have to be the bad punisher Twisted Evil Will be a new aspect as normally i use to entertain and feed my ppl up to death ^^.

Greetz Hell

How did it go? Was any of it usefull?

I see... yeah live stays busy.. On my end as well. So no kingdoms huh? Well i never tryed it myself but heard from kala that it's still interesting... But yeah the way to get good is to devote time or monney. PLay for free, but pay to win. That kinda kept me off it as well.

Haha yeah i didn't like it either in the start lol. Started with good things like good moral things.. then read 50% productivity and no food. Yeah.. not the best way to lead Smile) But the moral system sofar is pretty interesting in my view. Am afraid only that it won't take long before the perfect eco is found again. As for combat, the lil combat i saw was knights knights knights. I don't think the combat will be really balanced and will revert to knight wars like in sh2. But maybe no trade games will be interesting. If you can get people interested in that Razz
Back to top Go down
UAES Hellboy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
UAES Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah - this seems to work quite well - ppl deliver masses of wood and food and this helps to bring up an eco in an acceptable time ...

Multiplayer however was still a mess - at least two days ago when i did the last try ... the games timed out and ppl are not able to build...

I also think that notrade will be the future of this game. Havent tested the knights sofar , but if they are too mighty and missile-resistent it will be no challenge and fun to do those knight -spamming games ( similar to ice-giants and stuff in Legends...)

Unfortionatly my new PC wrecked and i must wait till weekend to do some more tests- my first Win 7 Pc and now booting -problems ! Hate this stuff not to work Evil or Very Mad

Do you have an idea how to change your name in the game ? I´m shown with the beginning of my email-addy and this really sucks?!

Greets Hell
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:43 pm

That's good to hear. It also largely solves the food inbalancement issue's. Well trust me when i say it's an improvment compared to few weeks back, where we couldn't start a game and kept staying stuck in the lobby (still happends ocasionally)

Well no trade might be the future for the pro playing communbity. That is if one will arise there. Well i think you need a really large ammount of x bow to kill one knight. And with the speed of people comming out of the castle sofar quality matters above quantity. Thus better to have 1 knight then to have 10 x bow. (not sure but think the knight still wins.

You already killed your pc now hell? Well that's a good start lol. Wonder what you do with it hell lol. Never once have had booting issue's with my pc's... Guess made in germany isn't what it used to be huh?

Yeah i do know. You have to change your steam name. Think you can do that under options within steam. If you can't find it then i'll look into it with more detail but think you can find that.
Back to top Go down
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy

Honourable posting points : 219794562

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:22 pm

UAES Hellboy wrote:
Yeah - this seems to work quite well - ppl deliver masses of wood and food and this helps to bring up an eco in an acceptable time ...

Multiplayer however was still a mess - at least two days ago when i did the last try ... the games timed out and ppl are not able to build...

I also think that notrade will be the future of this game. Havent tested the knights sofar , but if they are too mighty and missile-resistent it will be no challenge and fun to do those knight -spamming games ( similar to ice-giants and stuff in Legends...)

Unfortionatly my new PC wrecked and i must wait till weekend to do some more tests- my first Win 7 Pc and now booting -problems ! Hate this stuff not to work Evil or Very Mad

Do you have an idea how to change your name in the game ? I´m shown with the beginning of my email-addy and this really sucks?!

Greets Hell

im a steam pro xD
Go to the steam tab at the top left of steam. then go to setting, then there should be a friends tab, click on that and it should be under profile name
Back to top Go down
https://stronghold-legends.forumotion.com
UAES Hellboy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
UAES Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Thx Black ... will try to change it when the damm machine is back...

In case you suspect me to have inserted a slice of Salami or such to the disc drive - i havent ! lol!

I simply bought a used pc and now get the bill for saving some bucks.. It suddently totally hung up , doesnt restart and also this booting -assistent freezes. Therefor no chance to recover system ect .....

Whatever - this stuff is no quality anymore ; same as my bluray wich wrecked 1 week after warranty expired Crying or Very sad

Greets Hell

Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Or what black said xD

mhmmm Smile) we had a commercial here on tv with a couple driving a car with a TomTom, and the TomTom said turn here right, when there was only a hedge on the right and they turned into it Smile) Or a couple behind a pc with an instruction to move their mouse onto the top right icon, where they lifted the mouse, put it on the screen on the icon =)) Not saying i think of you that way Smile) Well i hope not =))

Yeah.. that's a tip i can give you for sure... don't do secondhanded pc's. They are already aged models, been already running for a long time with hardware receiving several blows, and always, literary always when it breaks down the cost of repairing exceeds the cost of buying a new one without having those issuee's. Then again never been much of a repairguy either. When something is broken and requires a large sum to repair, i'm easier inclined to say byebye and buy a new one then repair it..

Yeah... Well i had tv on my room which was 18 years old when it finally broke down. I was actually cheering it did break down because that gave me a good reason to buy a new one xD But yeah things are alot mroe expensive and break/go outdated alot faster. Almost as if they programmed those things to go haywire after warranty expires =))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugs/problems/glitches   Bugs/problems/glitches Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugs/problems/glitches
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stronghold-Legends :: Stronghold 3 :: General-
Jump to: