Stronghold-Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stronghold-Legends fan board.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
STRONGHOLD MULTIPLAYER IS COMING BACK ON STEAM THIS SEPTEMBER! http://www.fireflyworlds.com/2016/08/17/new-steam-editions/

Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament

Go down 
+8
Relax
GIGA
uaes.Lightrider
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy
KA£A
Fight100%
-RusHBoy-
Mr.X_1990
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

Honourable posting points : 1430

Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament Empty
PostSubject: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:04 am

Hey all

I've been speaking to quite a few people... and it looks like alot of you are interested in a tournament.

Now seeing we had a few succesfull and a few failures i kinda wanna have this one to a succes if that's possible lol.

Anyhow I wanna discuss the whole tournament idea here. Considering it all.

People who i had on my firts mind on the uaes side would be myself, kala, shark, rush,sab,hell,holy,army, again,sarah, baron, U don't know, and brio. These people are quite active and the ones who ain't got problems with internet or other things. (i might have forgotten a name :S)
That would be 12 from the uaes side. it is possible to do a tournament with 12... but it would be... unconveniant.. so i was thinking maybe do it combined with a other clan who is also active on this forum. My thoughts go out to uni or LaG. Seeing uni just gotten active again here.

I wanna know everyone's idea's on the tournament idea so that i have some different opinions here.. I wanna have a discussion about what will make this tournament work, and be redone really soon.

1.) My thoughts for a tournament would be that the players need to look daily at the forum to notice if there has been something regarding the tournament and such. For aranging matches it works as well... for all i care i look up a time calculator so that we can plan matches with the people who ain't european as well.
2.) Not abig problem i guess seeing most use skype... but skype. Every persons name combined with skype name. When someone you need to fight is online it's easier to arange a match
3.)Combine it with a other clan. xt/lod/tee is prob not going to work seeing they ain't active on this forum. and xt and lod on other time schale... which will cause some problems..... most likely...
4.)Type of tournament. With it i mean how will the matches be played? (ranking system W=3 L=0 D=1 were draw would be the case when it freezes (though there ain't any uaes or uni i know who freeze but we need some kind of thing against it as well)) Or we do K.O system... lose=out of the tournament. or best of type. so 3 matches played and the player who wins the most goes on. Anything can be said... i just curious to ideas and what will work the best seeing the communicaiton ad such is limited
5.) Type of map, Type of game, Type of rules. With this i kinda mean all the things the host needs to do. Which maps we play, which kind of game we do (low,high, trade,no trade) and rules
Think that covers it mostly..

I wanna know everyone's idea acording to this... and if you got some spare time, give it some real thought.

Thx all

Last edited by Mr.X_1990 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
-RusHBoy-
Dragon
Dragon
-RusHBoy-

Honourable posting points : 586

Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:03 am

ok i got salvation from 7xt to join us in the tourney and i bet we got 7xt warlord also and many more but i advise all to sign up and check the forums for any updates
salvations quotes
"tell mr x i am  down for that"
"post my skype"
"and my aim"
"there both kronik52"
"tell everyone i live in america"
Back to top Go down
Fight100%
Gong farmer
Gong farmer
Fight100%

Honourable posting points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:28 pm

I want to join this tournament too iam going to ask a few other from Age too Smile

i think playing best of 3 is the best Smile so everyone has a chance and dont get knocked out when he messes up 1 match Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:57 pm

UaEs†-RusHBoyE wrote:
ok i got salvation from 7xt to join us in the tourney and i bet we got 7xt warlord also and many more but i advise all to sign up and check the forums for any updates
salvations quotes
"tell mr x i am down for that"
"post my skype"
"and my aim"
"there both kronik52"
"tell everyone i live in america"

Ho ho ho ho Steop... lol

Not too fast... first i simply wanna decide what we all going to do before signing up all too fast :S

I got abit mixed feelings bout 3 round... Cause it takes quite alot of time. And it's not the goal that this will become a stalematch. :S Maybe it's handy to simply do a 10 min match before the real match so that people can warm up. That helps most i think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Well firstly HOLLLYLLYYYYLYLLYLYLYL alot of smilies Angel 2ndly. yes i would like to join 3rdly mr x needs to fix site sometimes it freezes ^^ 4thly ill be on weekend mornings in america. witch is around 6-7 in germany. and ill be on weekdays around 5 30 in america witch is around 10- 11 in germany other then that mr x i want to play xD

and my aim is actually i7xtikronik
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:20 pm

7xtsalvation wrote:
Well firstly HOLLLYLLYYYYLYLLYLYLYL alot of smilies Angel 2ndly. yes i would like to join 3rdly mr x needs to fix site sometimes it freezes ^^ 4thly ill be on weekend mornings in america. witch is around 6-7 in germany. and ill be on weekdays around 5 30 in america witch is around 10- 11 in germany other then that mr x i want to play xD

and my aim is actually i7xtikronik

1st,.... yeah lol

2nd... joining is not the part now Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament 243756 for now i just wanna tlak abit bout how the tournament should look like.

3th.... Kronny... do i look like a wizzkid? lol i gained this forum from coca cola and he done all things with it... i am merely working on it now... Though.. it dousn't freeze with me... :S

6-7 germany... pm or am? if pm then perfect cause that is the time i have in mind.. if am... are ya nuts?????? lol

and yeah... will see.... but for now i hear too much tlak bout joining and too little insight in what the tournament should be...

I think it will simply be required that people check here everyday, and that they have skype.

Anyhow tell me some thoughts bout game type and rules and map and so on. Or any new maps..
Back to top Go down
Fight100%
Gong farmer
Gong farmer
Fight100%

Honourable posting points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:45 am

Yes 6-7 Pm is a good time for us germans or maybe 20 pm depends how much american we get for it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:03 am

well lol mr x. i ment pm on weekend. afro and i think high settings. the two players should figure out the rules them selves. because people who use dragon better have more advantage. so high setts own rules. and the map? iiim not sure but not tourney map of lod Devil my thoughts
Back to top Go down
-RusHBoy-
Dragon
Dragon
-RusHBoy-

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:09 am

Well for as americans i think so far it will be I and sal :S and i think this tourney might bring back some players Very Happy
but also like mr.x said we all need to decide how we are going to play
like (setting's, type of map, rules, stuff like that)
I am wondering if we should do the lod tourney map like done before or regular
Judgement Day Volcano
Any sugguestions?
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Personally i hate tournament map... and i dislike volcano as well.... What i've been thinking is grassland. Either foe grassland or lbc one. Seeing not alot play it it might be interesting.

As for the rules.. i don't think letting people pick is a easy way out... if i had to fight you then kronnick i would say no rules... you probably say no fly.... i probably say i host it so bad luck for you lol.

What are you peoople in favour for?

Think for maps it probably be
Tournament map,

Volcano,

Grassland,

(maybe others? come with some good idea's people!)

And what kind of game? high... but i would say not arthur solo.... think everyone has been bombed to dead with arthur.
or maybe indeed 3 fights... 1 evil, 1 ice, 1 arthur.. but then yeah.... What do you guys think is best/most succesfull?
K.O tournament... 3 round tournament.....

Personally... what i would find funny...

Would be a all ice game... high setts grassland... but i doubt many will agree with me on that one.
Back to top Go down
KA£A
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
KA£A

Honourable posting points : 1255

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 pm

Im not a ice or evil player, that why i like the idea to play with it lol
Its a challenge for ppl like me who only plays arthur so yeah a ice tournament would be good Smile

and for the map hmmm maybe uaes vol 1x1 ... Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament Icon_rolleyes

and rules, hmm no rules seems good or rules when both players are agreed on it Wink
Back to top Go down
-RusHBoy-
Dragon
Dragon
-RusHBoy-

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 am

I can agree with Grassland, Low settin's sounds good but i have to go with high settin's and bout rules not really sure kinda hard to decide on rules :S

but about Ice hmm kinda hard for me :S
i prefer Arthur Razz since every1 does arthur seems good
i think Ice/Evil is good in koth rather than dm

Another thing i agree is having 10min practice match sounds good or also have 3 rounds

also i LOVE arthur! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:41 pm

UaEs†-RusHBoyE wrote:
I can agree with Grassland, Low settin's sounds good but i have to go with high settin's and bout rules not really sure kinda hard to decide on rules :S

but about Ice hmm kinda hard for me :S
i prefer Arthur Razz since every1 does arthur seems good
i think Ice/Evil is good in koth rather than dm

Another thing i agree is having 10min practice match sounds good or also have 3 rounds

also i LOVE arthur! Very Happy

Yeah but arthur has been done so many times already :S Think ice is the least played type... :S but if msot want something else then ice then we do that for first..

I like kala's idea of simply no rules unless both players agree on some kind of rule.. That way no conflicts.. but maybe if we do koth then a CLEAR rule of castle lol. seen i think milions of pissed people for the no castle rule :S

Hmm I like your map kala... but it has alot in comon with volcano... and kinda wanna try something else :S Sad

but we can put him to the list.

Volcano
Tournament map
Grassland
uaes vol 1x1..

And the type of tournament you guys really think best of 3 works? :S

Think will be having alot of half matches while people wait for their next match :S That's what i am afraid of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:09 pm

[quote="Mr.X_1990"]Personally i hate tournament map... and i dislike volcano as well.... What i've been thinking is g if i had to fight you then kronnick i would say no rules... you probably say no fly.... i probably say i host it so bad luck for you lol.

really mr x. you havnt played with em for a while. i cant use drag well, but i can deffend like one of you guys xD mark mr x
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 pm

[quote="7xtsalvation"]
Mr.X_1990 wrote:
Personally i hate tournament map... and i dislike volcano as well.... What i've been thinking is g if i had to fight you then kronnick i would say no rules... you probably say no fly.... i probably say i host it so bad luck for you lol.

really mr x. you havnt played with em for a while. i cant use drag well, but i can deffend like one of you guys xD mark mr x

I remember ur last match... 2 on 2 me and mark vs you and prome... and you guys dragon defense was.... disturbing... lol
Back to top Go down
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy

Honourable posting points : 219794562

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:09 pm

i like the fact that its a ice game Very Happy
and its multi clan battle

but are there enough players ?
and which map?
and 2v2 or 1v1?
low or high ( i like low ) ?
Back to top Go down
https://stronghold-legends.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 3:19 am

that was like a month ago mr. sooo dont get to excited king i like high settings i can probably play low, but will take a while to get use to sence we are playing ice.
Back to top Go down
uaes.Lightrider
Blademaster
Blademaster
uaes.Lightrider

Honourable posting points : 53

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:57 pm

jaaaaaaaa a new tournament Smile

is it only for uaes or for all ?
and when is it ?

albino
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:18 pm

uaes.Lightrider wrote:
jaaaaaaaa a new tournament Smile

is it only for uaes or for all ?
and when is it ?

albino

It's basicly for all though i do give ehm.. uaes people front seats lol but the aim is 16 players and uaes comes down to 11/12 so we got some space left.. seeing kronny and fight wanna be in that space is abit limited thoough...

and when... hmm will need to see about that... i got in mind 2 weeks from now. So that everything is aranged good and everyone knows what to do and such,

Speaking of which... rushi... we do need you to have skype then... Wink

So there ain't big problems with ice only?

Good... that solves one thing..

Then the game type... i figure koth is the solvable solution. Seeing a dm can easely become a stalemate. Which kinda destroys the map idea's we had....

Hmmm anyone got a good idea for koth maps?

If no rules then it will be with castle attack... and for that matter i want the combat and the eco to be as a whole... So not marine example but a map were it is combined....

Hmm...

I would proposo 2 uaes maps for it...as well as a uni map.

Skillzone,
(map made by me..... :S some played it with some fucked up setts... think people will know it..)

And... a map from which i don't know the name... but it looks like a soccerfield.

And there is also a uni map for koth... and i believe it is called ying yang... not sure...

Anyhow suggestions?
Back to top Go down
GIGA
Blademaster
Blademaster

Honourable posting points : 68

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Hello all,

I didn't read everyone's input so i hope that i am not repeating.
So my thoughts about tourney:

1) Once master list is made NO ONE else can enter the tournament no matter what! Last time we had too many players trying to enter after the tournament already started.

2) If you can not reach your opponent by Skype, Aim or see them on shls, then there should be a section on this site where you can ask when your opponent is available. If he/she does not respond to posts on this site about a challenge within a few days he/she should be disqualified from the tournament.

3) We need someone in charge that has the power to make necessary decisions (Mr. X). What ever Mr. X says goes. No matter what...

4) Smaller the better. First you need to have a successful mini tournament before trying to organize a huge tournament. Maybe just an 8 player tournament.

5) Everyone in the tournament needs to have skype and visit this site regularly. No exceptions. Everyone in tournament would also need to post this information and their timezone on this site for all to see.

6) Do not complain about who you are matched up against. Any complaints Mr. X will be the decider.

7) Official rules need to be posted in english, French and German so there is no miscommunication.

Cool An initial start date needs to be established and players must play within 3 days from start date or they are out. If you can't be available almost everyday then you shouldn't be in this tournament.

9) All settings and rules to be decided by Mr. X.
Back to top Go down
GIGA
Blademaster
Blademaster

Honourable posting points : 68

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:43 pm

I would love to be a part of this tournament. I may not be very active on shls but I can make myself available to play almost any day, morning, day or night.
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:58 pm

GIGA wrote:
Hello all,

I didn't read everyone's input so i hope that i am not repeating.
So my thoughts about tourney:

1) Once master list is made NO ONE else can enter the tournament no matter what! Last time we had too many players trying to enter after the tournament already started.

2) If you can not reach your opponent by Skype, Aim or see them on shls, then there should be a section on this site where you can ask when your opponent is available. If he/she does not respond to posts on this site about a challenge within a few days he/she should be disqualified from the tournament.

3) We need someone in charge that has the power to make necessary decisions (Mr. X). What ever Mr. X says goes. No matter what...

4) Smaller the better. First you need to have a successful mini tournament before trying to organize a huge tournament. Maybe just an 8 player tournament.

5) Everyone in the tournament needs to have skype and visit this site regularly. No exceptions. Everyone in tournament would also need to post this information and their timezone on this site for all to see.

6) Do not complain about who you are matched up against. Any complaints Mr. X will be the decider.

7) Official rules need to be posted in english, French and German so there is no miscommunication.

Cool An initial start date needs to be established and players must play within 3 days from start date or they are out. If you can't be available almost everyday then you shouldn't be in this tournament.

9) All settings and rules to be decided by Mr. X.

Yeah some things have been said... though... hmm.. i kinda agree with all you say lol. But setts and rules i think should be discussed by all.

Especially point 5 is important else it won't work. And we had a 8 player tournament before Wink

and it worked... it was finised in the time we had it planned namely 2 days with only uaes. so i think with 16 it's possible. But we all need to go for it. If not it won't work at all.

Section will be made at the time i know everything.

And you can be in. but i wanna keep it for later once all details are out...
What are your idea's concerning rules, type of tournament(3 games tournament, ko tournament, most points tournament/mix) and map and such?

Sofar the idea is ice... the rules will be no rules unless 2 players can work it out.. if they cna't.. then no rules.

I kinda would like a game report of every match as well. Makes it easier to distinguis a fight... but that might be too much to ask
Back to top Go down
Relax
Valkery
Valkery
Relax

Honourable posting points : 278

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:52 pm

well i give all my 20votes to grassland map
Back to top Go down
DarK AnGeL
Noble Knight
Noble Knight
DarK AnGeL

Honourable posting points : 181
Location : Germany/Baden-Würtemberg/Born in Nordrein-Westfalen

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:36 pm

i would like a "be what you want" turn.
you could choose the attitude and its would be allowed to play a evilvsarthur!
if both say ok^^
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:39 pm

DarK AnGeL wrote:
i would like a "be what you want" turn.
you could choose the att
itude and its would be allowed to play a evilvsarthur!
if both say ok^^

thing is you have 15 evil players and maybe 1 ice so that ain't really helpfull :S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament   Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Allright fresh new year, fresh new start fresh new idea, fresh new tournament
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next