Stronghold-Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stronghold-Legends fan board.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
STRONGHOLD MULTIPLAYER IS COMING BACK ON STEAM THIS SEPTEMBER! http://www.fireflyworlds.com/2016/08/17/new-steam-editions/

Tournament type

Go down 
4 posters

Which tournament type. Say why as well.
1.) Knock out tournament
Tournament type I_vote_lcap29%Tournament type I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
2.) Point tournament
Tournament type I_vote_lcap57%Tournament type I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
3.) 3 round tournament.
Tournament type I_vote_lcap14%Tournament type I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

Honourable posting points : 1430

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Allright putting it all together in 1 topic ain't working so i split things up.

What kind of tournament type are we going to do?

I think we got abut 3 options unless someoone has some other input.

1.) Knock out tournament. Name is as it is. People fight player after player, and 1 time lost=game over

2.) Point tournament. You fight 3 people chosen by me and you get points. Every win is 3 points. Every loss is 0 points... and if the match is taking too long 0 points (draw). After those matches the players who have accumulated the most points in the brackets move on to the semi finals. From thereoff either K.O. or 3 game round

3.) 3 game round. Looks alot like K.O. Tournament only you fight 2/3 matches. Whoever wins 2 matches moves on. For the other it's game over.

Which type is best suited for this tournament?
Personally i would chose K.O. or points. Points making it easier when a player dousn't show up, while K.O. should be the fastest way.

People please vote, BUT ALSO SAY which you voted and why. Answers like. "Just because" ain't going to help out alot :S
Back to top Go down
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy

Honourable posting points : 219794562

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:58 pm

point but could it be

win 3 point s
draw 2 points
loose 0 points
Back to top Go down
https://stronghold-legends.forumotion.com
DarK AnGeL
Noble Knight
Noble Knight
DarK AnGeL

Honourable posting points : 181
Location : Germany/Baden-Würtemberg/Born in Nordrein-Westfalen

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:19 pm

ûƧ-CL-ßlackÅrmy wrote:
point but could it be

win 3 point s
draw 2 points
loose 0 points

i would say the same :p
Back to top Go down
Relax
Valkery
Valkery
Relax

Honourable posting points : 278

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:32 pm

3 rounds means 1artus match 1evil match 1ice match?
that would be really really fine in my opinion you want ice tourney thats ok... so we do
artus:map setts and all choosen by one of the players
evil:map setts and all choosen by the other player
ice: choosen setts by x for all players
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Checkersausage wrote:
3 rounds means 1artus match 1evil match 1ice match?
that would be really really fine in my opinion you want ice tourney thats ok... so we do
artus:map setts and all choosen by one of the players
evil:map setts and all choosen by the other player
ice: choosen setts by x for all players

been thinking that as well but it makes things alot less easier.. so i wanna keep it at ice 3 rounds.
Back to top Go down
Relax
Valkery
Valkery
Relax

Honourable posting points : 278

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:40 pm

lol 3 rounds ice... that would be really really boring and if you play all 3 races you would have more opinions of winning
because if other is an total ice player but an worse artus player and an semi good evil player playing vs an player who is worse in ice good in artus and semi in evil would be much more interesting
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Checkersausage wrote:
lol 3 rounds ice... that would be really really boring and if you play all 3 races you would have more opinions of winning
because if other is an total ice player but an worse artus player and an semi good evil player playing vs an player who is worse in ice good in artus and semi in evil would be much more interesting

Yeah but it makes things also alot more complicated and longer. 3 rounds game can last for weeks if before the 2nd and 3th match have been played. perosnally i am in favour of keeping it simple..

As for points... 3 win 2 loss 0 draw... hmm i thought normally it is being done with win 3 loss 0 and draw 1.... i don't know :S
Back to top Go down
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy

Honourable posting points : 219794562

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:49 pm

Mr.X_1990 wrote:
Checkersausage wrote:

Yeah but it makes things also alot more complicated and longer. 3 rounds game can last for weeks if before the 2nd and 3th match have been played. perosnally i am in favour of keeping it simple..

As for points... 3 win 2 loss 0 draw... hmm i thought normally it is being done with win 3 loss 0 and draw 1.... i don't know :S

nah its

3 win
2 draw
1 loose
Back to top Go down
https://stronghold-legends.forumotion.com
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 7:03 pm

ûƧ-CL-ßlackÅrmy wrote:
Mr.X_1990 wrote:
Checkersausage wrote:

nah its

3 win
2 draw
1 loose

Sounds good from my end.
Then the tournament will be point based.
seeing we do koth i think we can put the draw points out unless you guys seen koth types (which were not ffa) who wern't decided after a hour? (not included tremendous lag)
Then we got 2 choices.
We do 4 groups of 4 players were each player fights all other players in his poulle, collecting points. and the best of every poul moves on.
Or we can do 2 groups of 8 players. Were the best 2 from each group will go on to the semi finals.

Personally i think 4 groups is best. Seeing it goes the fastest.

This is how i think it's best.

We do point system with 4 pouls. Every player fights the 3 players in the poul collecting points. Best of the pouls will move on. If it consists of 2 first place's in the pouls, both will have a deciding match to see who moves on. After the pouls have done their matches winner of poul A fights winner of poul B and winner of poul C will fight winner of poul D

Then we got 2 finalists. And those will do a best of 3 match. Whoever wins that wins the tournament.

Can you guys agree with this or?
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere
Mr.X_1990

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Good that settles it then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tournament type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament type   Tournament type Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament type
Page 1 of 1